June 24-27, 2014
"Co-operation Within and Amongst Family Businesses"For details please visit http://ifera2014.ifera.org
Submission deadline: February 2, 2014
The International Family Enterprise Research Academy (IFERA) and the Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland invite you to participate in the 2014 IFERA Annual Conference (IFERA 2014). This global conference will take place in Lappeenranta, Finland from June 24th to 27th, 2014.
The conference theme “Co-operation within and amongst family businesses” calls us to discuss about collective action within and between family and business systems as well as amongst family businesses. The theme challenges us to think about the core ideas, values and principles that help secure efficient, effective, and sustainable co-operation amongst individuals and entities in different family business contexts. We expect this to contribute to a variety of established scholarly discussions within the field, but also open previously ignored avenues for family business research.
The conference will be addressed by two outstanding scholars, Professor Michael Pratt (Boston College) and Professor Theodore Greenstein (North Carolina State University), who will also participate in pre- and/or post-conference activities.
Pre-conference activities feature IFERA 2014 Faculty Development and Doctoral Consortiums that contribute to the development of scholarly competencies of IFERA members and also help the field realize its potential. In addition, a professional development workshop (PDW) on “Qualitative Research in Family Business” will be held on 24th June, 2014.
The conference concludes with IFERA Family Business Day, a forum for interaction between business families and family business scholars. This is the place where rigor meets relevance, engaging business families and family business scholars in a synergistic conversation to promote mutual understanding, appreciation, and utility.
Authors of the best papers, PhD and research proposals will be distinguished with special awards. There will also be an opportunity for all participants to submit their completed papers to IFERA 2014 Special Issues in scientific journals.
Scholars in all disciplines and business families all over the globe, we cordially invite you to take part in IFERA 2014 Annual Conference at LUT. We look forward to welcoming you to Lappeenranta and having you engage in cutting edge discussions on family business, while enjoying the Midnight sun.
Submission GuidelinesSubmission of your work to the conference is considered a commitment by the authors that at least one author will attend and present the paper, in the event it is accepted. We will notify all papers about their status (i.e. accept/reject) by March 15. However, reviews of the papers will only be sent after at least one of the authors has registered for the conference. Our system will conduct a sweep once a week, and deliver reviews to the authors who have registered during the week. Registrations will only be transferable among multiple authors of the same paper.
Three scholarly submissions will be accepted:
- Full Paper (FP) is a submission of a finished product - an original completed research manuscript that is ready for peer review. FP submissions will be assessed according to a double blind process with at least two reviewers. Only FPs are eligible for Best Conference Paper Awards and if your submission is under consideration for such, you will be required to declare its originality.
- Work in Progress (WIP) is a submission of a well-developed original idea that is not yet completed. WIP submissions include at a minimum the research question, preliminary literature review, conceptual/theoretical framework, methodology (if relevant) and its contribution to theory and practice. WIP submissions require a maximum of 7 pages; that is, 5 pages for the body which can include charts, graphs, diagrams, etc. and up to 2 pages of references. WIP submissions will be evaluated for their potential and promise according to a double blind process with at least two reviewers.Originality Defined IFERA conference will include only original, unpublished work for two submission types: FP and WIP.If your submission (FP or WIP) is identical or substantially similar to work that was already published; submitted, under review, accepted or presented via another conference or publication, please submit it under the following submission category of RD.
- Research Dissemination (RD) is a submission of a manuscript that has already been submitted, under review, accepted or presented at a different forum such as a conference or a workshop or a manuscript that has already been published by the authors but needs to be disseminated to the IFERAThe purpose of RD submissions is to provide access to IFERA attendees to research that may not have received a wide audience and yet holds promise for the development of the field. RD submission has a maximum limit of 10 pages or 5000 words all inclusive. RD submissions will be assessed by the 2014 Conference Team.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUES
Noteworthy, contributions that address the conference theme in some meaningful way will be considered for a Special Issue in a new Elsevier journal, the Journal of Co-operative Organization and Management (JCOM*). * http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-co-operative-organization-and-management/
In addition, other best papers from the conference will be invited to submit their work to a Special Issue of Journal of Family Business Strategy, also an Elsevier journal and an IFERA partner.
Submission Deadlines (No extension will be provided)
- February 2, 2014 - All Main Conference Submissions; Full Papers (FP), Work-in-Progress (WIP), Research Dissemination (RD)
- March 13, 2014 - Notification of acceptance
Please check www.ifera2014.ifera.org for details
Ranjan Karri, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Management
College of Business and Management, UHB 4060
University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza, Springfield, IL 62703